FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The St. Regis Bahia Beach Resort, Puerto Rico [Master Thread]
Old Feb 4, 2023, 11:40 pm
platbrownguy

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Originally Posted by svo242
Great review. Heading here next week and cannot wait! We paid $200/night to upgrade rooms to oceanfront, hoping we can get a suite upgrade, but we'll see. Didn't even think about using Your24 - thanks for the reminder!

I was shocked to see that the cash rate for next week (for the standard room) is only about $530 and includes breafast...last year it was over $1000/night. Perhaps they are struggling with occupancy.

Also, I forget, was the breakfast amenity the full buffet or did you have to pay to upgrade?
Yeah, interesting, it looks like the "Member Rate Reconnect and Celebrate" is sub-$600 but only on sporadic dates (presumably when they have unsold rooms)... lowest rate on numerous nights in Feb is still above $1k (and it was about $1200 our nights, which made points worth spending).

I forgot to mention -- they said that as Ambassador the full buffet was included with no upcharge, which was nice. (Still had to pick breakfast as the amenity, but it's a solid amenity.) Made-to-order omelets and eggs were quite good and the buffet quality was high (passionfruit, dragonfruit, good berries, good salmon, meats/cheese, etc.). One mimosa per person is also included at breakfast!