FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - IC London Park Lane Master Thread [merged]
Old Jan 31, 2023, 3:15 pm
nicolas75
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by joorinainen
Im so happy that i choose Hilton Canopy London City hotel instead of IC Park Lane for my trip to London after reading this review. They are clearly different category but Hilton seems to have much better value for money. Did you complain about the room and lack of proper upgrade? In my opinion room being spotlessly clean and all the hardware working in this price point is the bare minimum which you would expect.
Canopy is definitely not in the same league, but it is true sometimes that having a nice room at cheaper hotel is better than a bad room at expensive property.

I expressed my disappointment at the check-out in the club lounge (noting how much I appreciated the quality of service).

The person was understanding and offered me 30,000 points (which is nice, but I must confess that I prefer a nice room to points, which I very rarely use).

This is what my "Premium room" looked like

Avant-garde design

Efficient maintenance

Perfect cleanliness

Contemporary art in the bathroom

Rare antique

Bathtub in perfect condition

Arte Povera

Spitting image

Yes, it is not scratch but dirt

Covid fridge in …2023

It has not been cleaned because Charles X used it once