FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Flying Blue XP - does it reset after each status?
Old Jan 29, 2023, 1:04 pm
r0m8470

Flying Blue XP - does it reset after each status?

Hi - I am trying to find the definitive answers about XP but unable to find. If my search is not comprehensive enough, I apologized. I tried looking at the wiki and sticky threads and did not find the answers.

Context:
I am flying on KL from YYC to AMS in J on paid tix round trip. From AMS, I will also have some trips to ICN (in J), and a few short hops between ICN and NRT, maybe a round trip between AMS and RNS, definitely a few short domestic hops with GA in Indonesia as well and 1 segment on Westjet from YYC to SEA. The short hops are in Y, but the ones in Indonesia, I might upgrade bid to J since it is usually very cheap to do so.

Right now, the FF listed is SkyMiles, and I do have SkyPesos Gold, which does not give much. I thought FlyingBlue Elite is more interesting, even for a Seattle-based pax like me, with lots of DL options out of SEA.

Questions:
1. To reach elite tiers beyond Silver, does XP point reset after reaching each tier?
Eg: if I get to Silver after 100XP, to get to Gold, do I need whole 180XP or just additional 80?

I read various blogs and I got mixed bags of info.

However, if I am reading the program page on FlyingBlue itself, it seems like to get to Gold, I would need 280 XP, not just 180XP. Is this correct?

2. If I play this out:

YYC to AMS in J - 30XP

AMS to RNS in Y - 5 XP
RNS to AMS in Y - 5 XP

AMS to ICN in J - 36 XP

CGK to SUB in Y - 2 XP
SUB to CGK in Y - 2 XP
(will do the above 2x)

BSL to AMS in Y - 5 XP

AMS to YYC in J - 30 XP

YYC to SEA in Y - 5 XP

Total is 134XP.

To get to Gold, do I need 146 more XP, or just 46 more XP?

Thank you in advance!