FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New credit card earn rates
View Single Post
Old Jan 28, 2023, 5:53 pm
kiwifrequentflyer

Programs: Air NZ Elite
Everyone here is so confident that simply owning an ANZ credit card will entitle you to 50% SP whether you book with it or not. I can see no information regarding that requirement has been released, but the full T&C are not live yet, just vague wording. It will be interesting to see if everyone turns out to be right. If so, I will be surprised, although happy surprised at that generosity.

Originally Posted by sbiddle
The more I think about this change and the more I chat to people I really just don't understand how this change makes sense and how long it will last before they need to make further changes. I can totally see what Air NZ want to do and the move in itself makes a lot of sense but a 50% bonus is just nuts. There are gonna be people raking in hundreds more SP per year from credit cards than they did under the current offering. Air NZ may not care because these are going to be loyal frequent flyers but presumably ANZ is going to be funding this and numbers for them could just blow out like crazy.
It will push up numbers I think but it will mostly push them up in Gold/Silver. The metal requirement for Elite is so high that a 50% SP boost will still not be enough for most people. Most people fly domestically and it takes an insane amount of flying to hit Gold already. And if you add 50% on top of gold, that's still not getting you to Elite.