FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Inaccessible fare flexibility/rerouting during disruption...
Old Jan 27, 2023, 6:14 pm
znsm

Inaccessible fare flexibility/rerouting during disruption...

Posted in the AKL airport closure thread but more of an Air NZ specific question...

Was scheduled on MEL-AKL this afternoon. Got the cancellation first thing this morning. No option in the app to do anything other than get a credit. Hours wait on the call centre already, not wanting to wait for everything to sell out - so got the credit, booked AKL-WLG for today and WLG-HLZ tomorrow (Sunday), family pickup from there. Had to use the credit and pay extra.

Wouldn't Air NZ have rebooked/rerouted for free if I were to get through to the call centre? Underlying question, is the extra $$ now a travel insurance issue or do I chase Air NZ as they couldn't reroute me but I could? I know I took the credit but would be in a worse situation if I left the selling out options for NZ to deal with hours later...

They published fare flexibility but absolutely no way to access that on the app or website so pointless...