FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Loyalty Points discussion/questions - From 2022 now used for determining elite status
Old Jan 25, 2023, 4:13 am
Carolina2Cali

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt Globalist, MLife/Cosmo Identity Gold, Other Vegas too...
How does one ACTUALLY know what counts as a Loyalty Point? Phrasing bonus vs base?

Is there "official" phrasing regarding what AA miles earn loyalty points? Their premise was that most miles = LPs. Technically all of them except for credit card signup bonuses at least was my expectation, with probably a few other caveats. I participated in the Aadvantage early Holiday shopping bonus (earn between 500-4000 bonus miles by spending between $200 and $1500 before November 18th, '22) and my bonus miles did NOT earn loyalty points. I don't recall the website or my marketing emails saying they WOULD earn LPs but also it didn't mention that they WOULDN'T... is there phrasing one should keep an eye out for? Is the idea "Base mile" versus "bonus" mile? They call the Exec Platinum elite level benefits "120% status mileage bonus" which debunks my idea of bonus versus base... Doesn't this kindof defeat the purpose of supposedly making things clearer and easier?