FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Day in the life BA short haul crew
View Single Post
Old Jan 25, 2023, 3:37 am
swiss_global

Programs: BA GGL, TK*G EL, KL P ELPL, ex AB P, ex LH/LX Sen, HHonors D4L, Bonvoy P
Originally Posted by Ian429
We do have trips where we stay on the same aircraft but we mostly get off and pick up another aircraft.

Flight crew do change but again there are trips where we may stay together for at least part of the trip.
Originally Posted by EJetter
Generally Cityflyer crew stay with the same set of crew for their whole trip and aircraft changes are rare..
The concept to change aircraft and crews after each trip, once reaching the homebase, is something I think only BA does. As mentioned, Citiflyer doesn’t and neither do other airlines of the IAG or other airline groups. I wonder what is the advantage.

To me, it seems that such changes are a source of delay and potentially even irrops. A plane with the crew operating on it can be delayed, but with concept of Citiflyer and others, this only affects future trips of this plane and crew. Other planes and crews can continue as planned. On BA, I experienced various times that part of the crew were missing because of delays, or that the crew was there but not the plane. I got the impression that it helps to spread delays …