FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Bookaahotels vs RocketMiles - useability, experiences, questions, data points
Old Jan 24, 2023, 4:46 pm
Juanefny

Programs: Delta Platinum, Southwest A-List
Originally Posted by Gaucho100K
If I understand correctly, various users on this Thread seem to have confirmed that it is possible to book a room that will be used by someone else and still have the person that makes & pays for the stay earn the corresponding AA miles and LPs.

I am about to do this using BookAAhotels but am looking at a legend that appears right under point 3. American Airlines AAdvantage where you are supposed to input the AAdvantage Account Number where mileage will be posted - there it specifically says "Guest Information must match the name associated with your AA account"......

So here goes the question... if you are booking for someone else and therefore will NOT BE THE GUEST, what name do you input in the 1. Guest Information section...? I dont see how I can be accurate with the Guest Name if I am required to have that information match the AAdvantage Account where I want the miles to be credited.

Should I specify the name of the "real" Guest in the special request section...? I doubt the hotel even reads this information. Or perhaps I should call the hotel after the booking is completed and have them make a special note on the reservation,,? The only other option I can think of is to just put the real name in the Guest Information section and disregard the "requirement" specific to the non-matching AAdvantage account number.

Hoping that others that have done this can share their experiences and suggest what is the best way to proceed..

Thanks !!
Alex / Gaucho100K
you may want to use rocket miles. You can certainly do that on rm