FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - NEWBIE LOUNGE 2022-2023: Ask AA newbie questions here - flame-free thread
Old Jan 24, 2023, 6:05 am
JJeffrey
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by aama
Hi,

just booked award with AA and have no status with them anymore. However I do have status with AY. Is there any way to add that FF account to award booking in order to obtain benefits for seat choice etc.?
I assume you booked this with AA miles with yourself as the pax, so aa.com auto populated your info including your AA#?

You can try pulling up your PNR on a few other airline websites and try to change your FF# there. AY, RJ, and QF used to work for this in some form or fashion, although I believe there have been issues lately in getting a new FF# to stick.

If you just booked this, and there is still award space avaliable on the same flight, you could put a new reservation on hold but re-enter the pax details as if you are not the traveler, enter your name, bday, etc. but leave the FF# blank. Then just cancel your first reservation, miles and taxes will be refunded. Then book the 2nd reservation, and go add your AY# later at aa.com or one of the sites above.

Or you could just call AA and ask an agent to switch your number.