FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Zero reward flights available
View Single Post
Old Jan 23, 2023, 10:30 pm
Dirty_Idea

Originally Posted by steveholt
Of course, but there's a large gap between "It's really frustrating EK doesn't have more award seats available on points" and "EK is deceiving consumers because they don't have more award seats available on points and they should do something that will make them less money because I'm mad about it".
I hoped for, but really shouldn't have expected, better. Please point out the point where I'm getting "mad". I made a very straightforward request. I also pointed out my feeling that at some point we must surely have some protection. Not mad at any point. Developing a belief that I had a valid point - yes; letting that become emotional - no. Disagreement isn't always emotional, you need to work on that.

I'm always amazed at how quickly people will come in to bat for big business with "you're not entitled to jack buddy" as though they're the security. It was a simple question and observation. No one getting mad, or being unreasonable, or having a tantrum. I was clear on my reasoning on why it might feel or perhaps even be recognised as deceptive; I also made fair points on why it might actually disadvantage Emirates and NOT earn them money in the long run (short-termism). I also got some great responses (including the interesting point on Emirates cards, which I'm about to respond to). I'm unsure why you needed to do the "if you don't like it, there's the door" approach. Is that how you deal with disagreements generally? Whatever, I'm sure Emirates are grateful for your service informing people that they can like it or lump it. So, for the avoidance of doubt, I'm fully aware that they can do what they want, and that I can take it or leave it. That was not the request or the point of my observation.

Happy for you to post a reply, but I won't be answering it.