FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2023 Has anyone actually received a Centurion Card invite?
Old Jan 20, 2023, 7:23 pm
exigence

Programs: Amex MR; Chase UR
Originally Posted by llary
I don't know anyone in recent years who has received an invite with less than $250k on a personal card except maybe some Scandinavian countries where Amex is not popular at all. Even in Asia $250k-$300k is the bare minimum right now along with the right spend profile. I know some people from way back in the early days of Centurion who were invited with much lower spend but the requirements seem to have tightened up since cardholder numbers have risen. To be honest if you are not charging at least $500k+ per year I doubt you would get much value out of Centurion anyway, for me the greatest benefit is power to charge very large amounts followed closely by intangible lifestyle benefits. I also make fairly heavy use of concierge where I used to pay a separate PA service. There is no way to justify the card from a 'benefits worth $x' perspective (don't tell my wife). Just my 2c.
Appreciate the thoughts. Your comment about not getting adequate value out of the card based on not having that high of a spend was part of my concern, as well.

I find it difficult to put a value on the "soft benefits". Biggest motivation for me was some combination of the Delta status, a better concierge service (unclear how this compares to JPMR, though), and I suspect I'd find organic use for some of the other perks, as well as the fact that it was something to strive for, similar to the JPMR before I got that and plan on keeping.

As you alluded to, the value of all of that doesn't even approach a fraction of the cost of the card, though -- and the JPMR has a good amount of utility for me (used to have a CSR).

Moot point without an invitation.