FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SAS General Experience Reports
View Single Post
Old Jan 18, 2023, 5:55 am
jamesbrownontheroad

Programs: SJ, SAS, DL
Originally Posted by GUWonder
Can't say I'm surprised, but to me this just goes to show that SAS is not tight on quality control or doesn't really care much about customer perception (or at least non-Scandinavian customer perception).

Not sure what it is about food procurement nowadays in Scandinavia -- in Sweden even a bit more so than Denmark -- that seems to come with there being more short-date expiring and expired goods showing up on shelves and out for delivery than before, but I think it may be a sign that supply chains and logistics are getting extra sloppy, extra desperate or something else that makes me extra wary about food quality in the region nowadays.

Maybe it's a sign of the times that Noma is shutting down -- not that SAS could ever deliver like that -- instead of carrying on beyond next year and putting out things beyond their "best before date".
Here in Sweden, selected branches of ICA (supermarket) have experimented with a new way of discounting imminently date-expired produce.
Rather than allocate an employee to check the fridges daily looking for things due to expire today or tomorrow, now it's up to customers to find them and scan them at a special machine in the store, which prints a discount coupon.