FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Defeated by the BA phone lines
View Single Post
Old Jan 17, 2023, 3:18 am
LondonAussie

Programs: Qantas Platinum (Oneworld Emerald)
Originally Posted by spidmack
One last thought. Why do so many companies have a message saying some thing along the lines “we are experiencing an exceptionally high call rate…” plus this has been going on for many years. Take ADT my alarm company like many others I have never known them not to have this message. Surely if it was genuine & they cared about customer service something would be done. Harrumph
I remember calling a company at their 6:30am opening time and being greeted with "we are currently experiencing higher than usual call volumes, if your call is not urgent please call again later". I decided to wait and my call was answered straightaway by an agent who said I was their first and only call so far that morning. Perhaps my 1 call was 1 more than usual for them at that time, as I've just googled and they've reduced their hours and are now not opening their lines until 7:30am!

Originally Posted by Young82
A customer holds for 45 mins before a phone answered, takes 30 mins to upgrade a cabin from WTP to Club on a 2-4-1 and THEN you can billed £70 for the change.
That always leaves a sour taste in my mouth, when you've been given a really poor experience and then they want to charge so excessively for it!