FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Westin Miyako, Kyoto, Japan [Master Thread]
Old Jan 16, 2023, 11:28 pm
ElevatorEnthusiast

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Originally Posted by Nagasaki Joe
Thanks for the report. This hotel is definitely worth considering for a future stay. I was quite surprised to see on the Marriott app that it has a 4.8 rating vs. 4.6 for the RC Kyoto and 4.7 for Hotel The Mitsui Kyoto.

Free o-sake, yummy! The free in-room sake at Conrad Osaka (a smaller bottle than this) is actually quite good, how was this sake?

These outdoor traditional Japanese villas are quite popular with overseas guests, did you have any interest in staying in one? A colleague of mine stayed in one back in the mid-90s, which I got a chance to see when I visited. They are quite nice and spacious, but probably lacking the convenience and comfort of the main hotel rooms.
Okay, so I'm either really drunk or that bottle was actually spring water and not sake? I drank the whole thing in one sitting, so that might be concerning! If I remember correctly, free sake was the amenity choice instead of 1000 points for the official welcome gift.

As for the Japanese villas, I would love to stay in one at some point - I looked at the photos online - it appears that they have real beds rather than futons (the Westin Osaka definitely showed futons in the pictures of their Japanese suites). Of course, I doubt elite upgrades to these rooms are possible unless you asked really nicely.

And, yes, I think this property should be high on the consideration list. It seems to be a great deal - my rate was only 41K JPY.