FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Miles Expiring - Any Way to Extend Them for Free or Low Cost?
Old Jan 15, 2023, 3:08 am
Coffee drinker

Programs: Skywards
Originally Posted by thijsseh
Are you sure the validity gets extended when you transfer the miles? If so, you are obviously correct. I have not read the small print on this sort of transaction as I have never done it. But I would recommend the OP to carefully check the rules around this. They are on the website. I have a sneaky suspicion that the original expiry of the miles stays intact, but I may well be wrong!
In the fine print it does say 3 years. Thats at least how I interpreted it. But yeah, OP should carefully double check.

• Skywards Miles bought/ gifted/ transferred/ multiplied are valid for a minimum of 3 years from the date of the purchase transaction and will expire at the end of the receiving member’s month of birth on the third year. Skywards Miles extended are valid for 12 months from the original expiry date and will expire at the end of such period. Skywards Miles reinstated are valid for 12 months from the date of purchase and will expire at the end of such period.
https://www.emirates.com/au/english/...th-your-miles/