FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Cairo, Egypt {EGY}
Old Jan 15, 2023, 1:02 am
dirtrat

Originally Posted by whimsey21
HI all-- I'll be visiting Cairo with my family for the first time this April (so during Ramadan), and spending a few nights while doing the usual tourist sites. From reading this thread it sounds like the general consensus was that the Heliopolis Towers were best, with maybe the Conrad in second, in terms of general quality of property. I'm seeing the new Waldorf Heliopolis (which I believe is the rebranding of the Towers) as sold out during my stay, so my options seem to be the Hilton Heliopolis or Conrad. Between the 2, which is likely to give us the best experience for a few days? I'm expecting we'll spend time in the hotel in the afternoon since I've heard that the sites/museums close early during Ramadan, so we'll probably hang out until restaurants/markets open in the evening, and make use of the lounge (seems like both properties have one). It would be ideal to be in an area where we could walk around a bit in the evening to experience a bit of the local flavor and maybe visit a local restaurant, but I don't know how practical that will be from any tourist hotel. Would appreciate any thoughts (including suggestions of Marriott properties if any of those are superior to the Hilton options. I'm HHonors Diamond and no status with Marriott, but don't mind staying at a non-hilton property for a few nights if it is just better). Thanks in advance for the help.
I'm also a Diamond member and will be staying at the Cairo Conrad for 3 nights on the 28th of this month. If I remember I'll report back of my impressions of the property although it does have good reviews.