FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How late is baggage recheck for arriving international passengers open in Houston?
Old Jan 14, 2023, 1:12 pm
JimInOhio

Programs: UA MM
Originally Posted by EQDsSUCK
My question is about an international transiting passenger rechecking bags on United airlines in Houston.

International arrivals to IAH are in Terminal D or E. After deplaning, you go through secure corridors and sky bridges to Federal Inspection Services (FIS). You clear Immigration and Passport Control, go downstairs, claim baggage and clear Customs.

At this point, there are two options:

1) Passengers with Houston as their final destination, exit security with their bags.

2) I
n-transit passengers will turn right upon exiting customs, and proceed to the recheck counters to deposit their bags for onward routing. Passengers then are subject to screening at the TSA security checkpoint before proceeding into the secure area of the departing terminal.

For a 940pm arrival and a 720am departure the next day, is it possible to recheck bags at the international transiting passenger recheck location immediately after customs as described above. Or, because it's an overnight connection, are we forced to exit security with bags and recheck them at the normal ticket counter when they open at 345am?
I don't think you can go through the connections TSA screening since you won't have a same-day boarding pass.