FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How late is baggage recheck for arriving international passengers open in Houston?
Old Jan 14, 2023, 12:44 pm
fumje
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by EQDsSUCK
Those are the hours of the normal United ticket counter.

I want to know what are the operating hours of the international transiting passenger baggage recheck location immediately after customs.

And what are the hours of the "TSA Security Recheck" immediately after the baggage recheck location so international transiting passengers can enter into the main part of the airport after going through Customs.

(I am assuming Eva Airways in Chiang Mai will check bags through to final destination since EVA and UA have a baggage interline agreement as part of Star Alliance.)

That process for arriving international passengers in IAH is described here. https://www.fly2houston.com/iah/international-travel
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Unless BR checks thru, you will not be able to use the international recheck. There will be no bag check tag to the destination unless BR checks thru. Getting UA to create a new bag check tag at the international recheck is generally not done -- and as this is an overnight request, suspect they would decline anyways.

This is all about how BR handles it.

Bag recheck is a simple process -- the agent will just scan the bag tags for the final destination provide by the original carrier..
But even if the bag is tagged through to destination by BR and UA doesn't staff the recheck counter (original query), then OP is still stuck with the bag overnight. Unfortunately, I don't know the hours for which recheck is staffed.

Note re: original post mention of "exit[ing] security", all passengers arrive landside, so if there was a thought of staying airside overnight, that isn't possible.