FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - I don't want someone demanding an upgrade for me
Old Jan 12, 2023, 8:31 am
The Road Goes On Forever

Programs: Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by Eujeanie
Does anyone know how to change/remove remarks once they are put into the res, how to get past the "remarks on file"?
Those remarks once applied by a Hotel Staff Member/Diamond Desk/HRCC reservationist cannot be removed by the member. The only way you can do this would be to call back and ask for it to be removed or to call the property and ask for them to remove any comments. The comments will still show up for employees to see in the reservation's history, but then they couldn't be actively seen by you.

Also, you can demand-say whatever you want about reservations in the future not having such notations but at the end of the day this isn't something you can control. Unless it's something illegal, immoral, profane, personal attack - notes are allowed to be typed by call center/hotel staff.

FWIW, a reservation made by Bob at the property can easily be tracked back to Bob. A reservation made by "Jimmy" at the 3rd party overseas call center isn't trackable the same way since "Jimmy" isn't his real name and the reservation only says internally that it was made by the call center and not a specific agent at a specific call center. Diamond Desk/HRCC agents sometimes say/do some squirrely things and then the member will call the property demanding/wanting a way to speak with that specific agent and that I'm aware of, it can't be done.

Last edited by The Road Goes On Forever; Jan 12, 2023 at 8:37 am