FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Hotels Las Vegas (formerly Hard Rock Las Vegas) {US-NV}
Old Jan 10, 2023, 8:46 am
B3nder

Originally Posted by eponymous_coward
The hotel deposit did not trigger the 14x Hilton bonus on the Aspire card or the resort credit (had to use the AMEX website to chat with a rep about that, I may have to follow up if the rest of the folio doesn't trigger either).

All told, it's... fine for what I paid, given that I burned a $250 Aspire resort credit, split the bill with my AMEX Green to use the $50 Hilton/Curio AMEX offer, and the current Hilton triple points offer meant I netted something like ~28k points on it.
Did the hilton resort credit post for it? and for the rest of the folio and/or for the deposit? Thanks

Looking to use resort credit there in a week and a half and also hoping it satisfies a Hilton spend Amex offer...

Also, did you book the room through hilton.com site or through the stay.virginhotels.com? I see lower rates at stay.virginhotels.com and am thinking to try the rate guarantee (never used that before)

Edit:
Update -> Hilton agent took over 30 minutes on hold to check the rate and then said terms didn't match. Then afterwards figured out "how to book it that rate on their end", so got it booked but wouldn't do the BRG.
Also, received a 1 night room rate deposit charge and after posting Amex did apply the resort credit automatically so it looks like that works now. Not really sure how resort credits will work overall as my year resets during the stay so hopefully I can split half the charge at beginning and half at end.

Last edited by B3nder; Jan 18, 2023 at 7:51 am