FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Moved for a dog carrier
View Single Post
Old Jan 9, 2023, 1:39 pm
sydneyracquelle

Originally Posted by HiAperture
I am probably late on this but I flew before Christmas in paid F and was caught off guard in a unique situation.

After boarding the gate agent came down the jetway and came specifically to me, asking if I would move up to the bulkhead row because the person seated there had a dog carrier. Now I realize the answer should have been “thanks for asking but no” however I was glad not to be caught in the meltdown with Southwest for instance and Delta had let me move my family’s flight two times for free with the weather so I was feeling generous.

Unfortunately I had no idea how embarrassingly little space the A321neo has on the right side of the cabin row 1. And this was a long flight on the new SEA-FLL I specifically booked for nonstop on a nice new plane. By the time I moved the dog owner was already coming in the door. My mistake.

Now what bothers me is that when I moved to
this flight, and as long as I could see the seatmap seat 1C was vacant. I checked and the waitlist didn’t show anyone clearing into F (with a LONG list). So is there any chance I was asked to move from
a paid seat so a non-rev and their dog could sit in First? Otherwise someone changed flights or didn’t select a seat til they got to the gate even though traveling with a dog?

I guess just putting this out there for discussion, would you have said no? Would you expect compensation for agreeing to the move under the circumstances? Or would you just hope you paid it forward to help another traveler get where she needed to be for Christmas? Looking forward to the responses!
SEA>PDX sure. SEA>FLL 2,717 miles no way.