FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated "Waitlist for Award Seats Questions/Issues"
Old Jan 9, 2023, 10:33 am
wpcoe
formerly 1984SW

Programs: UA
I have an award booking with BKK-TPE-IAH on BR booked in I, and IAH-MID on UA in XN for 110k miles. Any ideas how much the "price" would increase if I were able to waitlist for IN on the IAH-MID segment?

I find available routings with BKK-TPE on BR in I, and TPE-IAH-MID on UA in JN for 190k, but that's not a relevant comparison, or is it?

[edited to add:]
I originally posted this in the wrong section and a mod kindly moved it here, But, oh, no! I just read jsloan 's warning about "playing with fire":

Originally Posted by jsloan
You're playing with fire here. As nearly as I can tell, it should be allowed by the rules — but if you do get someone to waitlist you for SFO-LHR, and it clears, your ticket will need to be reissued. That could potentially cause you to lose your reservation on LHR-CPH. (It's not supposed to, but problems with reissued award tickets pop up frequently enough that UA changed its entire workflow for making award changes to try to prevent them).
If the waitlist would clear for IN on my IAH-MID flight, would the acceptance of the waitlist clearance and the ticket reissueance be automatic, or is it intercepted and handled by a human? If the latter, would they let me know in advance before reissuing the ticket if I were going to lose the BR segments?

Last edited by wpcoe; Jan 9, 2023 at 11:14 am