FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA Award: Cathay Pacific / CX availability, etc. (master thread 2023 onwards)
Old Jan 6, 2023, 6:18 am
WannaTheater

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Happy
QF F lounge at LAX is a OneWorld lounge and being EXP you can access it. My assessment from previous (multiple times before Covid era) on this lounge is, it is Very Big, with multiple sections that you could easily find some quiet and peace when it is not during the crazy QF banks of flights. Food-wise, well, it is a US based lounge... it certainly is better than your usual Admiral Clubs for sure.
Personally I actually prefer UA's LAX lounge due to its openness design with an outdoor terrace sitting area.

As someone mentioned, BOS flight leaves after Midnight - make sure you do not get the Date wrong. You would be surprised by people made mistakes on departure time when it is at such hour(s).

CX just releases quite a number of seats on the BOS route on both directions in Sept and Oct.
You can use QF website to have a calendar view, then use BA site to see the details of each day QF shows business class availability - because QF does not identify which partner when it is on Calendar view and it is time consuming and cumbersome to click thru it. However knowing which dates have J seats then hop over BA site to check the particular dates, would be much quicker.
QF and BA generally only show Real inventory. If they both sync up, those are real inventory that even the AS system can handle online booking without error. I would gladly pay the $12.50 partner booking fee to book with AS miles as the cost is cheaper plus you get a free stopover at HKG if the itinerary touch US soil at either direction. Though the stopover now is restricted to 14 days only versus unlimited in the past.
Thanks for this information. Looks like I need to create a QF account to do some searches.

You mention using AS point (cheaper), but on AS website searching for LAX-HKG is only showing Singapore and Korean flights- no Cathay Pacific. So how would one book?