FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Evisa & Visa on arrival for India
View Single Post
Old Jan 4, 2023, 9:21 am
Ardecos

Programs: Flying Blue PFL; IHG Rewards Club Diamond; HHonors Silver
Originally Posted by IAN-UK
We are talking a UK-specific relaxation.
The UK visa situation was unique.

The country is a major generator of trips to India: yet despite the contribution promised to India's travel and tourism industries the government insisted on maintaing what were in effect stringent restrictions on UK passport holders, while lifting restrictions on other nationalities.

I have no idea what quid pro quo Modi was waiting for, or if he got it. But he was certainly under pressure from the Indian tourism sector, and from the UK government. Maybe the new UK prime minister was uniquely placed to exert specifically focussed pressure: who knows?
I went to the VFS Global Indian Visa centre in Glasgow today but my application for a business visa was rejected as I was missing a document ("Copy of the Registration papers of Company/Companies in India"). I did not remember this requirement when I made my application at the end of November (no interviews were available for the whole of December). However, while checking the UK Indian Consulate website I noticed that the UK is back on the list of countries eligible for an eVisa. Can anyone confirm this?

Update: Yes, eVisas are now possible for UK citizens, just bad timing on my part.

Last edited by Ardecos; Jan 4, 2023 at 10:14 am Reason: Update