FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Austin, TX
View Single Post
Old Dec 13, 2004, 11:29 am
dhilpert

Programs: Former DL Plat - 1 MM, CO Infinite Plat, MRT PLT
Originally Posted by LAXGreg
I must say that I have always liked this hotel. The service has been consistently good, I have always been upgraded to a concierge level room, and the location is great.

That being said I have made the Four Seasons home on my last few visits to Austin due to Dell rates there (this hotel used to have Dell rates, but alas they are no more). This weekend I came to town for pleasure and decided to return to the Marriott.

First I noticed before I left LA that my reservation room type had been changed to reflect a Concierge level room (I have never seen that before with a Marriott). When I arrived check in was perfect. In my room was a plate of chocolate covered strawberries and a note from the GM welcoming me back. The note also promised an extra 1000 MR points!

This makes me want to book another trip back to Austin! Again, even without the little extras the staff is always top notch, and you are walking distance to the capital and downtown restaurants and clubs. A great choice for Austin.
The one in South Austin is also nice. Quite new, got upgraded to a suite the size of a small apartment and my Platinum cheese & crackers was literally a huge platter.