FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Long haul in-flight catering 2023 | First
Old Jan 3, 2023, 5:42 am
ryanbriar

Programs: AA 1MM CK, DL Plat, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Ambassador (RIP SPG), BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by jjLDNY

Overall it was an expected mediocre meal service, though nothing too negative to say about any of the dishes. Service exceptional as always, however they ran out of LPGS after 2.5hrs of an 8hr flight(!!!!), saving 2 bottles for the return - which also isn't going to go very far.

I think the biggest area they need to look at right now are the starters and light-meal. I've never been excited for any of the starters outside of the salmon avo caviar that was a rarity to see, and the light-meals are always high carb sandwich type dishes. Oh, and don't run out of LPGS so quickly! I'd have had a few glasses in the lounge if I'd have known.
Same thing happened to me on 189 with the LPGS— only had two bottles loaded and needed to save some for the return. I’m not sure if only two bottles were allocated for the outbound because we departed 3 / 8 or if they’re taking cues from AA with respect to beverage catering.

I’d agree that while the katsu burger was tasty, a lighter hot option would be nice.