FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Long haul in-flight catering 2023 | First
Old Jan 2, 2023, 4:33 pm
jjLDNY

Programs: BA GGL, Marriott Amb, Hyatt Glob
LHR > JFK 179 on Dec 31st

As with previous reviews, the cold wellington is odd in that whilst the meat is tender, it's still cold beef which will always be a little tough. It wasn't bad but I wouldn't order this again.

I hadn't tried the short-rib before though was pleasantly surprised. Tender, fell off the bone and the bourguignon sauce was excellent and went well with the sides. The vegetables that come with it however are a little uninspiring.

The Winter Berry Bread and Butter pudding was enjoyable. Not a showstopper but a safe dessert.

I was reluctant to order The Katsu burger as it's obviously pretty heavy. Tasted fine, but Id' have preferred something lighter though between this and the quiche I figured I'd give it a chance. Will skip next time.

Overall it was an expected mediocre meal service, though nothing too negative to say about any of the dishes. Service exceptional as always, however they ran out of LPGS after 2.5hrs of an 8hr flight(!!!!), saving 2 bottles for the return - which also isn't going to go very far.

I think the biggest area they need to look at right now are the starters and light-meal. I've never been excited for any of the starters outside of the salmon avo caviar that was a rarity to see, and the light-meals are always high carb sandwich type dishes. Oh, and don't run out of LPGS so quickly! I'd have had a few glasses in the lounge if I'd have known.

Last edited by jjLDNY; Jan 2, 2023 at 4:38 pm