FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - OT - Waterworld in photos
View Single Post
Old Dec 13, 2004, 4:47 am
efincomputer

Programs: Chevalier de la Gallentrie - Knight of the Platinum Hair Brush, BA Gold, Hilton Gold
Ah, nice to see some pictures of the old place. I had the (dubious) pleasure of working out of waterworld for three months as part of the Facilities Management team while people were moving in to the building. Before going into IT full time, I used to work for the Facilities company that won the move-management contract for waterworld (FMS), who I think still do the job (although it's been about 7-8 years since I left there to move back to sunny Scotland, so who knows). I have the sad distinction to having written just about every staff member's name (at the time of initial occupation at least) on the original CAD plans and asset tagged every bloody piece of furniture into the asset tracking database. Twas a lovely place at the time (although I may be biased, as it wasnt fully occupied by the time I left, and out temp office was just round the corner from the restaurant - ah, how I miss the lunches .

Brings back lots of memories. Thankfully I left just before they started making us wear the same "uniform" as the rest of the BA FM team - i.e. a green suit and tie - mmm mmm mmm - just lovely.