FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Austrian Airlines - Where to send EU261/04 claim to?
Old Dec 29, 2022, 11:25 am
mirkaa

Programs: M&M
Thank you for all the replies!! I'm just sharing this, it might help someone in the future.
First, I have no idea how they arrived at these amounts. It seems, this is not connected to EU261. So, if the flight delay is something other than weather, they are in the clear??
Yes, I submitted all receipts for my expenses, including clothing. I did not buy any toiletries. As it seems, this is all related to delayed luggage for 3 days. It's not clear what is what, as they said they have combined all the issues from this flight delay into one single case.
So, here's the reply I got from OS:>>>>>>Dear Ms. xxxx,
We regret to hear that you suffered a delay of our flight OS 88 and the subsequent misconnection. We apologize for any inconvenience caused. Our aim is to ensure that all our customers are able to enjoy a seamless and punctual journey and therefore we are sorry to hear that you were affected by misconnection between two flights.
We would like to inform you that the aforementioned flight was delayed by Air Traffic Flow Management restrictions (the reason that our company is not responsible for). Therefore, we kindly ask for your understanding that we are unable to offer any compensation for the flight irregularity.
Please note that our policy regarding “Baggage Irregularities” states that we reimburse 100% of expenses for cosmetic products and 50% for clothes taking into account the fact that the expenses should be reasonable concerning the duration of the baggage delay.
We are happy to offer you compensation of USD308 for interim expenses plus USD130 and USD158 for care costs. We will handle the payment via our account department. Please keep in mind that international money transfers can take up to 3 or 4 weeks.
Please note that since you have mentioned other additional expenses in your email, we are to inform you that we do not take liability for consequential costs. We cannot offer you compensation for them, because we are not responsible for such type of costs.
We would like to inform you that your recommendations were taken into consideration and all measures will be taken to improve the current status of the issue indicated in your email. We do hope to see you on board of an Austrian Airlines flight again soon. Accept our apologies once again. Wish you a good day!
Best regards
>>>>