FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - DCA Hotels
Thread: DCA Hotels
View Single Post
Old Dec 29, 2022, 8:57 am
pmcg

Programs: Amex Centurion - BA Silver - IHG Diamond Elite - HHonors Diamond - M&M
Originally Posted by mcgahat
Lots of travel to DC during July so that will likely impact the rates. Keep an eye on rates, they will fluctuate quite a bit so I would not settle too quickly. You might also consider some hotels that are nears stations on the Yellow and Blue metro lines as you can take the metro right to the airport. For that same reason, I am partial to the Westin and the two Marriott properties in Crystal City as I have the option of just taking the metro instead of a shuttle as the walk is a only a couple of blocks away. I think the Crystal City properties tend to be a little pricier during the week versus weekends which can be pretty cheap. For your purpose, about any of the Crystal City properties that meet your budget on cash ore points should be fine. It is a little risky but you could also consider staying near Dulles and taking a Uber/Cab direct to DCA. Traffic will be your enemy if it is during the work week. I have found Dulles properties to be cheaper typically though.
Many thanks.

We will stick with Airport Shuttle or Uber etc. as one of the party has a little trouble with walking distances & stairs etc.
With a bit of luggage this can be a bit slow so shuttles are the way to go.

I'll keep an eye on the rates.

Interesting option just staying at Dulles, could get to bed earlier but earlier rise in the morning for an 08:00 flight.