FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Are You Thankful That You Fly United And Not Southwest Yet?
Old Dec 28, 2022, 5:44 pm
CApreppie
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Platinum, 1MM
It is too bad Southwest's passengers and staff have to deal with the fall out of management's poor decisions on IT, operations, etc. It really rests on their shoulders and am sure they will just continue to issue their mea culpas and we'll do better statements and keep their generous compensation packages.

I do appreciate the competition that Southwest has brought to many markets to drive prices down, but nowadays their pricing isn't that much better in many cases than other carriers especially if you have status on a carrier. The ability to check in two bags per passengers at no additional cost can be a huge savings for families/couples though so I see that attraction.

Outside of United since I have status, they just blend into any carrier (that is not Spirit or Frontier) that can get me from point A to B at the price I want to fly at. I rarely check in bags so not a cost I take into account.