FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Are You Thankful That You Fly United And Not Southwest Yet?
Old Dec 28, 2022, 5:38 pm
seat38a

Programs: IHG Spire, Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Titanium, Mileage Plus Gold
Originally Posted by monksy
I assumed you did the best there which was 21d+ booking, same routes, and relatively same timing. My suggestion at the pricing is that the UA price didn't come close to the offering of what you get with WN. (2bags, but I only accounted for 1 bag RT as that it's reasonable to assume it's an average)

prestonh Posted a more reasonable (apples to apples) price comparison. Also he just showed OWs.

> Not sure what or how Southwest does it, but with United, with their new no change fee rule. I've changed flights multiple times when prices drop and have a bunch of travel credits for the price drop.

WN for a long time has operated on the model that the ticket was a flexible, but non-refundable ticket. At the moment UA and WN are the same in that reguard. (They've gotten a bit stricter on who gets SDCs)
Good for you if bags matter. Like I said couple threads above. Most of us who fly United don't pay for bags since its waived via CC or elite status.

Originally Posted by prestonh
must have changed, lookups for DEN_LAX one way 3/4

United 118.60 plus 2 bags 198.60 (7:45 am dep)
Southwest DEN_LAX WGA 98.98 (includes 2 bags 8:50 am dep).
Why oneway? One generally needs to come back home?

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Dec 29, 2022 at 8:23 pm Reason: merged consecutive posts by same member; please use multi-quote