FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Are You Thankful That You Fly United And Not Southwest Yet?
Old Dec 28, 2022, 5:37 pm
Dyce

Programs: UA GS, UA MM, Marriott Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Uber Platinum :)
I sat on the ramp in CMH for 45 minutes before the ground crew brought us into the gate last night. Another plane had been sitting there longer.
Baggage claim was a circus and as it was 12:30am we called it a night and left. We went back today and grabbed our bags - no employees to assist, nobody keeping an eye on the hundreds of bags that did not seem to be organized in any way.
Interestingly the app did not show our bags had been unloaded from the plane - I guessed correctly that they had, but the ground crew probably didn't bother due to scan, which conveniently removes evidence of when they were actually delivered.

Still, they're getting better... last Christmas we waited on the ramp for 60 minutes so there's that.

As it relates to Southwest, I don't think anyone wishes any airline to have operational meltdowns the like of which WN have been dealing with.
However, United are a long way from being good operationally, at least in Columbus. And guess what... no "How did we do" email... hate to have those NPS scores reflect reality...