FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Is it possible to guarantee safe arrivals in LHR for the mobility impaired?
Old Dec 28, 2022, 7:43 am
DeafFlyer

Programs: United MP
Originally Posted by greenkoala
Thank you, this looks like it might work! 3,300 GBP one way, but if there's no alternative then I suppose it's worth it. I'll try emailing them to confirm that they can provide wheelchairs/elevators/etc because it looks like standard practice is stairs

edit: I received the following response:

Depressing
The best thing to do, if you can, is to bring your own wheelchair. Would still need an airport pusher, of course. You can avoid that by buying the newer collapsible powerchairs that have recently come out the last few years. I wrote a trip report about one I bought for a European trip this past August. (It’s in the FT Disability forum - see below for link). With one of those you don’t need anyone to push the chair. You can go wherever you want, if it is accessible. Mine weighs a little bit more than my manual backup chair, but it is still light enough to pick it up and put it in a car.

Here’s a link I to my report. If you want to check the whole thread, there is a link on the top right. https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/34529844-post12.html