FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated "When to buy tickets to Hawaii, how to get cheaper?" thread
Old Dec 12, 2004, 7:06 pm
slippahs
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
Here's a little something from Expedia for all our viewers out there:

Long days of sunshine and fairly mild year-round temperatures make Hawai'i an all-season destination. Most resort areas are at sea level, with average afternoon temperatures of 75°F-80°F during the coldest months of December and January; during the hottest months of August and September the temperature often reaches 90°F. Only at high elevations does the temperature drop into the colder realms, and only at mountain summits does it reach freezing.

Most travelers head to the Islands during winter. From mid-December through mid-April, visitors from the mainland and other areas covered with snow find Hawai'i's sun-splashed beaches and balmy trade winds appealing. This high season means that fewer travel bargains are available; room rates average 10%-15% higher during this season than the rest of the year.

Rainfall can be high in winter, particularly on the north and east shores of each island. Generally speaking, you are guaranteed sun and warm temperatures on the west and south shores no matter what time of year. Kaua'i's and the Big Island's northern sections get more annual rainfall than the rest of Hawai'i, and so much rain falls on Kaua'i's Mount Wai'ale'ale (approximately 472 inches of rain, or 39 ft), that it's considered the wettest place on earth.

The following are the normal daily temperature ranges for Kaua'i:

January 65-80°F (18 to 27°C); February 65-80°F (18-27°C); March 69-81°F (21-27°C); April 69-83°F (21-28°C); May 70-85°F (21-29°C); June 72-86°F (22-30°C); July 73-87°F (23-31°C); August 74-88°F (23-31°C); September 73-88°F (23-31°C); October 72-87°F (22-31°C); November 69-84°F (21-29°C); December 67-81°F (19-27°C).

Holidays

Major national holidays include New Year's Day (Jan. 1); Martin Luther King, Jr., Day (3rd Mon. in Jan.); President's Day (3rd Mon. in Feb.); Memorial Day (last Mon. in May); Independence Day (July 4); Labor Day (1st Mon. in Sept.); Thanksgiving Day (4th Thurs. in Nov.); Christmas Eve and Christmas Day (Dec. 24 and 25); and New Year's Eve (Dec. 31).

In addition, Hawai'i celebrates Prince Kuhio Day (Mar. 26), King Kamehameha Day (June 11), and Admission Day (3rd Fri. in Aug.). State, city, and county offices as well as many local companies are closed for business.
http://www.expedia.com/daily/vacatio....asp?CCheck=1&

aloha