FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Are You Thankful That You Fly United And Not Southwest Yet?
Old Dec 27, 2022, 7:25 am
gold23

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by zeus2120
Total meltdown indeed. I am a big Southwest fan and hope this wakes them up to modernizing their backend IT infrastructure. Imagine if United could just improve their ground and inflight customer service to Southwest levels. United would be firmly rooted as the number 1 option. I think it's getting better as more of the older employees retire and are replaced by youth -- but I'm based in CLE and all I get are the very rude dinosaurs. I flew Jet Blue for the first time a bit ago and it made me appreciate how good United actually is.
Interesting that you say Jet Blue. I find their on-board Y product so head and shoulders ahead of UA that I will choose them every time on competing routes. Yes, I'm much much better positioned flying UA in times if IRROPS, but the consistency of the on-board experience (for my purposes) blows UA away. Now, if I'm heading somewhere for a meeting, I'll trust UA. All depends on my travel purposes, but I don't think Jet Blue is in the same breath as SW. Southwest is for pricing and convenience, but hold your breath.