FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - W Leicester Square, London, United Kingdom [Master Thread]
Old Dec 26, 2022, 11:57 am
ElevatorEnthusiast

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Wow, another fantastic W stay in a unique property that obviously cares a lot about guest experience! For me, W stands for Win! Here are my pros, cons, and photos:

Pros:
  • Upgraded to a Fabulous King on the top floor (7) - online, only 1 Fabulous showed available (the UK website seems to show exact counts) and no suites showed available
  • I found the room design whimsical and definitely adequate for a solo traveler - I loved some of the details such as the UK flag design behind the TV
  • The bed was very comfortable with plush covers, plush mattress, and 6 plush pillows
  • Shower pressure was pretty good from the rainfall head
  • The iPad control system for the lights, climate control, and TV (no other remote) worked very well and was highly responsive - the TV did have Internet apps such as YouTube
  • Comfy and plush lounger chair
  • Noise isolation was decent though not perfect
  • Service was fantastic with one of the nicest check-in experiences from Paula and a great checkout experience from another super friendly agent
    • Asked proactively about late checkout - no issue with 4 PM
    • Offered hot chocolate or mulled wine and a mince pie - I was encouraged by another agent to take the mulled wine, which was delicious and much better than normal wine
    • Given a free drink coupon since there weren't suites available
  • Engineering problem with the blinds chain (the turndown housekeeper seemed to get it stuck) was fixed with a full chain replacement while I was at breakfast
  • Delivered an amazingly delicious welcome gift and card of assorted desserts - they were all so good and I ate them immediately and cleaned the plate
    • The in room dining agent was super friendly and was asking about home and how my family was faring in the winter storms
  • Elite welcome gift breakfast is a great time with a free selection from the juice/smoothie section, a starter, a main, and unlimited hot drinks
    • Delicious cappuccinos and one of the best Eggs Royale I have had (such soft English muffins)
    • Not a huge fan of the gluten free banana bread, but that's what I get for going out of my comfort zone
  • Turndowns left 3 additional glass bottles of water
  • Really tasty fish and chips at dinner (1st floor bar where breakfast was also served, not the Burger place that was closed) with my free cocktail (a tasty coffee and hazelnut drink called the Dream Dasher)
Cons:
  • Sink drain cover was wonky and prevented easy draining
Overall, I would highly recommend the W - the area might be a bit Times Square, but you're close to Soho with great dining like Dishoom!

Photos: