FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The LOT Kafeteria 2018-23 (retired)
View Single Post
Old Dec 23, 2022, 3:00 am
AlicorporateUK

As a further perspective on the LO vs BA topic, what people fail to mention/realise here is the premium/exclusive feeling deriving by sitting all by yourself in those empty C cabins (of our favourite Central-Eastern European carrier, needless to say) when flying within Europe, together with the particularly attentive "If you need me, just press the button" statement from most pursers as soon as the food-tray is duly placed on your table – compare that to the 16 rows of CE on most BA flights and their crew being around at all times as a result!

Jokes (well, sort-of... ) aside, BA's CE is (on average) nearly always cheaper compared to LO on the WAW-LHR-WAW rotations (similar timetables, too), lounge-wise Mazurek beats the lounge next door hands down whereas on those (rare) occasions that I manage to get to LHR a bit earlier when booked on the nearly-always delayed 6:10PM flight, I do enjoy the stroll to the "other side" (i.e. B) on my way to the UA lounge (always a good excuse for some extra steps, I'm a runner after all ); catering-wise, we said it, even if you get bored with BA's standard meal, they have some decent special meals (just take a look at the BA forum), however I am not a fan of Brewdog so Żywiec (far from the best but...) adds a couple of extra points for LO. Needless to say (and possibly above all), having status with M&M plays a significant role for me personally, together with the fact that BA lacks big style in terms of Central-Eastern European network and I strongly doubt they'll be making an appearance in my part of the world anytime soon (or at all).

G