FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Austrian Airlines - Where to send EU261/04 claim to?
Old Dec 21, 2022, 6:27 pm
mirkaa

Programs: M&M
Funny enough, after contacting APF and starting the procedure, in my desperation, I was so mad that I tweeted at Austrian being the worst company in the world. LOL. Got a PM within few hours, with questions about my case. After going back and forth, Austrian assured me the case has been forwarded to the responsible department, and with urgency someone will reply to me. They finally did and it's in the works.
Here's my new question: it's stated that I'm owed 600EU, as this is long flight. Is this true? Does it mean they just have to hand me the 600eu? Or maybe this is 1200eu for 2pax? This was my understanding and I've heard from other people this is what happens. In my case, Austrian now is requiring to submit to them every nickel and dime I spent while delayed, with receipts, saying they will only reimburse food and taxis. What about clothing? We were stranded for 2 days I hot summer with only the clothes we were wearing. What happened to the 600eu? I'm just puzzled again. Does it have to do with someone being a EU citizen, or not?
TIA for your time reading this