FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Hotels Las Vegas (formerly Hard Rock Las Vegas) {US-NV}
Old Dec 21, 2022, 9:09 am
ORDnHKG
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
At Virgin LV currently, the only upgrade offer to me is from non strip view to strip view room at canyon tower, ask about Ruby tower and she said it is out of order ? Not sure if it is because extremely low occupancy around Christmas so they only put everyone in canyon tower, but Ruby tower rooms are clearly available for sale.

She was training a new hire and from her conversation, she specifically said even though it showed on the computer I am eligible to a corner room upgrade as a diamond, they would only offer as a upgrade charge, she told me it would be $60 upgrade charge to a 2 rooms suite with separate walk in shower and tub in canyon tower. I took that offer since I doubt I will be back again since it is so far off strip.

Living room is big but barely any furniture, it could use a L shape sofa and a coffee table. Keurig machine with multiple pods available is a big plus but no outlet at all by the wet bar and the only outlet in the living room is by the window.

Also no bathrobe or slippers, also no separate empty fridge but just a full minibar are unappealing for a suite. I feel like this is comparable to low end suites on the strip like what you will see for suites in Excalibur / NYNY / Luxor / Flamingo, and under Hilton should be Tapestry rather than Curio.

Last edited by ORDnHKG; Dec 21, 2022 at 9:16 am