FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Will Air Canada Cancel a Reservation if I Buy Two Flights?
Old Dec 19, 2022, 9:06 am
sha8192
Suspended

Originally Posted by Adam Smith
I don't know. They've definitely cancelled flights on the same O-D pairing on back-to-back days on me. Even when I had return flights booked, e.g. YYC-YUL-YYC on back-to-back days. And I know that they cancelled IAH-YYC on another FTer when he had it booked two days in a row.

The best way to test this would be for someone with a UFP to try it out and see, but I don't have any of those at the moment. Next-best would be with refundable fares.

It's also possible that the algorithm is so complex that even if we do some testing, we won't uncover exactly how it works. I've never figured out why it didn't flag the three conflicting flights I once had, or why some other things don't get flagged.
I have booked YYZ-SFO rt for date A and B, then another booking for date A+1 and B+1, they survived quite long until I manually cancelled one, and no duplicated remarks appeared on either booking.

I have only ever being marked duplicated for bookings that involve the same flight. E.g I once booked YYZ-YUL-LHR and then booked a separate ticket for YYZ-YUL. And almost immediately the duplicated booking remarks appeared on both bookings and demanded a resolution by X date.

I also booked same day LHR-YYZ on different flights and appeared to be no issue as both reservations stayed alive for a few days before I cancelled one.
I also booked same day NRT-YVR-YYZ and NRT-YUL-YTZ and both reservations stayed alive for days until I cancelled one. But these are technically not the same OD pair so they might escape the mighty duplicated booking detection.

These are my anecdotes.