FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Will Air Canada Cancel a Reservation if I Buy Two Flights?
Old Dec 18, 2022, 8:52 pm
Adam Smith
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Howard
If you have two reservations for the same O-D on different days, how many days apart must they be? For example, I'm fairly certain if they were 7 days apart, there would be no issue. What about 2 days apart? What about 1 day apart (two successive days)?
I don't know. They've definitely cancelled flights on the same O-D pairing on back-to-back days on me. Even when I had return flights booked, e.g. YYC-YUL-YYC on back-to-back days. And I know that they cancelled IAH-YYC on another FTer when he had it booked two days in a row.

The best way to test this would be for someone with a UFP to try it out and see, but I don't have any of those at the moment. Next-best would be with refundable fares.

It's also possible that the algorithm is so complex that even if we do some testing, we won't uncover exactly how it works. I've never figured out why it didn't flag the three conflicting flights I once had, or why some other things don't get flagged.