FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA Baggage Guide
View Single Post
Old Dec 15, 2022, 10:47 am
pitweasel1

I'm trying to figure out if I'll have to collect my baggage during my layover tomorrow, and I'd like to figure it out before arriving at the airport in order to pack most efficiently.

Originally I was supposed to have about a four hour layover in LHR while traveling from RUH to BOS. and I assumed my bags would go straight through.

Now, I have an overnight layover of about 14 hours, as my connecting flight had to be rebooked. I managed to check in online - but only for the first flight. The connecting flight still says "x number of hours until check in opens". Does that mean that this is now being treated as two separate itineraries, and I'm going to have to collect my baggage upon arrival in LHR and check them in again the next morning? It's all still one ticket number, one confirmation number, etc, but the fact that it's saying I'm not checked in for the connecting flight makes me think that I'm going to have to get my bags. I've never had an overnight layover before, so maybe this is all standard and a very stupid question. Thanks in advance for any insight.