FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AirPass Prepaid Travel (née AAirpass, not Lifetime Airpass) Master Thread
Old Dec 14, 2022, 7:04 pm
dave2003

Programs: AA Lifer, and other stuff...
Originally Posted by scott56
best thing to do is contact them constantly ( everyone ). I told my rep let me know all available options and to keep me updated. It really seems like aa ended this but we can only hope for a 2.0 or something new. Especially if a lot of folks like my self are looking at United.

at this point I would recomend looking at United pass plus. They offer something very similar. Personal and business. I live in a aa area, but if I get the prepaid program with same prices using there there secure route I’ll prob deal with it.
I'd already be gone if UA were a viable alternative. But it's AA hub to AA hub for my primary commute, and even the next-best routing still almost doubles total travel time.

I can play things out maybe 6 months or so at most, then I'll have to eliminate that commute if I can't find an alternative, which will result in a significant drop in my revenue to AA.

That's why I don't get why they wouldn't want to do an individual contract -- it's pretty simple. If they negotiate a contract, they'll get guaranteed money up front. If not, I'll have to change my business and just not pursue opportunities that require that commute anymore. Either way, AA doesn't earn more money by turning me down. Or others in my situation.

I get that negotiating individually won't likely come with all the same perks and that's fine. The keys for me are fixed price and full flexibility. That can't be that hard to implement.