FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Westin Washington Dulles Airport, VA [Master Thread]
Old Dec 13, 2022, 6:59 pm
DCFlyer0306

Programs: Marriott Titanium & Lifetime Platinum, United Platinum, Delta Silver
Had a terrific stay here and agree that this hotel delivers exactly what an airport hotel should - a comfortable place to sleep, eat, and work out with a reliable airport shuttle.

The rooms are very comfortable. I was on the 7th floor and heard absolutely no noise whatsoever - the room was blissfully silent. Excellent bed and bedding, which seemed new. Big TV with plenty of stations. Pleasant view of the lake. Theromstat worked well and was quick to adjust the temperature.

Bathroom had the bizarre 39 Degree North bulk toiletries, but at least they were filled and operated correctly. Soap was Pharmacopia. No sign of white tea aloe - maybe it is gone or supply chain issues? Stand-alone shower (no tub), worked well, good water pressure and temperature control.

My room was upgraded to an "executive room" which included 2 free bottles of water, 2 free cans of Pepsi, and 2 free cans of Diet Pepsi. Not sure if this is only provided in Executive rooms. No lounge.

Gym had modern equipment and was adequate and open 24 hours - ~10 cardio machines (treadmills, ellipticals, bikes), 6 weight machines, and free weights. Plus some kind of other fitness station with exercise balls and assorted equipment.

Breakfast was buffet with coffee or tea and juice. Buffet had eggs, bacon, waffles or french toast depending on day, roasted potatoes, oatmeal, granola, fruit (cantaloupe, honeydew, pineapple, apples, oranges), various breads, and some yogurts. Best of all, the buffet included a make-your own omelet - you fill out a form with the ingredients you want and a fresh omelet is delivered.

The biggest surprise was the restaurant for dinner - it was fabulous. Seriously - it was a restaurant I would drive out of my way to eat at again. Very high-end, extremely well prepared food, reasonable prices. Very, very good.

Shuttle ran predictably and operates 24 hours. Silver line metro extension is now open, so you can catch it at the new IAD station, about a 10 minute walk from where the shuttle will drop you off.

Staff was very friendly and competent. Requested 4 pm check out and key was automatically coded to work properly without being reset.

Great stay - highly recommend as an airport hotel.

Last edited by DCFlyer0306; Dec 13, 2022 at 8:06 pm