FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ‘FLUB’ class: travel in First (F) cabin but with Club (J) service on 4-class aircraft
Old Dec 12, 2022, 9:15 pm
Retron

Hmm - a last minute change from a 788 to a 789 for my flight to Japan tomorrow - Expertflyer shows the First cabin populated, but my seats are still 1J and 1K according to MMB. I can't change them either, as there's no seat map... although it does say 1J and 1K are now both middle seats. 1J, of course, no longer exists!

As a lowly blue travelling with a silver, I'm not expecting much, other than being punted into worse seats in CW, albeit I'll be a bit miffed if so. (I paid for 1J and 1K as 1J has nobody stepping over, plus they should be quiet seats being at the end of the cabin).

No automated email from BA either, although as technically the seats haven't changed I guess that it wouldn't trigger one.

I'll post an update to what actually transpires after the event... I'll try checking in online once it opens in a few hours.

EDIT: And having checked in, I've been moved to 10J/K, right next to the loos. At least 10J is unimpeded, but the equivalent seats in the small cabin are unavailable.

FWIW, it looks like it'll be a full house onboard... J2 C0 D0 R0 I0 W0 E0 T0 Y0 B0 H0 K0 M0 L0 V0 S0 N0 Q0 O0 G0 according to ExpertFlyer.

Last edited by Retron; Dec 13, 2022 at 2:00 am