FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott/Westin Hotel Toiletries
View Single Post
Old Dec 12, 2022, 12:44 pm
PTahCha
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb
Originally Posted by DCFlyer0306
When did Westin stop using the White tea and aloe scent and toiletries? Also, any idea why they would do this? The white tea scent seemed to be an iconic part of their brand with lots of marketing dollars behind it.

I was at a Westin recently and the soap was Pharmacopia and the shampoo, conditioner, and shower gel were the same generic Marriott-created 39 Degrees North that is used at Courtyard and other lower market brands. It seems very bizarre to me that Westin would use the same toiletries as Courtyard and RI.

Anyone know if this is just a temporary supply chain issue or a permanent change?
The Westin home shopping site is still showing White Tea products, and it's the same product being used at Westin Montreal, so the assumption is the ongoing supply chain issue, or they are waiting for the large bottles to show up. I had Pharmacopia product at a Sheraton last week as well.

FWIW, Pharmacopia is being used at Hyatt hotels as brand standard... and also at Best Western.