FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Facial Recognition Is Coming to the TSA Security Checkpoints Lanes
Old Dec 10, 2022, 9:34 am
GUWonder
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by Visconti
I haven't really given this issue much thought, but are you here mostly opposed to the potential abuse of facial recognition software only with the US Gov't? Or, are you opposed to it globally? In other words, during my recent travels CDG, DUB and HKG used some form of facial recognition. Are you guys ok with it, say, in Europe but just not in the US?
Since the TSA doesn't ask to scan my face at foreign airports, I oppose the FRT where it's relevant and how its legally possible for me to do so. And while my opposition to FRT against travelers is global on principle too, my opposition sort of scales with the volume of my tax contributions to a jurisdiction and the relevance of a place as a global beacon in terms of values. So even if the UST/IRS were to zero-out all my future potential tax liabilities and return most of my prior contributions, I would still be opposing the TSA's FRT use.

Last edited by GUWonder; Dec 10, 2022 at 9:42 am