FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Denied Award Confirmation on both JL & SQ
Old Dec 9, 2022, 3:58 pm
Eastbay1K
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by jsguyrus
I don't know about the front line agents but the international desk definitely can see things we can't. In my experience the front line agents try to help, even when you tell them its complicated and you need the international desk. Once they cant resolve the issue they call the international desk and try to be the go between which also doesn't work. Eventually, they just transfer you to the international desk which is when you can get business done.

When I spoke to the international desk this week about LATAM J space they were able to see there was zero J space for the entire month of October, despite it showing online and to the front line agents.
In my last experience, "international desk" agent was not willing to help to escalate an issue (as posted in the Partner Desk thread) until I had to push and push and push until he'd transfer me to someone else to resolve an issue, which is now tentatively resolved. Had I accepted his first through fifth (or maybe more) of no there's nothing we can do, I'd still have an unworkable reservation.

Meanwhile, the purpose of this thread, and the "partner agents" generally have been nothing but a source of frustration and aggravation for years, and can't particularly be cost-effective for AS, unless most people are accepting the initial answer as gospel and giving up. My last call was three agents, finally reaching someone who could patch over a simple request to SQ for an SQ-caused issue.