FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - British Airways and American Airlines Chelsea Lounge - JFK Terminal 8
Old Dec 8, 2022, 6:06 pm
tomalpha

Originally Posted by chris1979

I was there on Saturday 2nd and Tuesday 6th and sadly echo a lot of the above.

Menu on Saturday had the steak still on it but was told they were out. By Tuesday, the menu had been reprinted and no steak. The menu was leading with burger and veg burger and included fish & chips.

As a long time lurker, but never poster (thank you everyone here - the information has been invaluable over the years!), I was surprised to find myself driven to actually say something for once.

That out of the way, and given the quote above…

Ironically I was handed a menu a short time ago that included the burger and lamb tagine, only when trying to order the lamb to be told they didn’t have it, only an unlisted steak.

The steak was pleasant enough, and the fries surprisingly good. Sadly the pieces of plastic in the garlic/lemon butter were a bit of a let down, as was the fact it took an hour to arrive.

The atmosphere is also very different to the old CCR. An especially loud crowd at the bar generally adding to the feeling that the old, understated, quality experience has gone. I do hope things improve with time. As it is I’m going to take the (hopefully as good as usual) advice upthread and try the Soho lounge.

Good luck all, in this brave new world.